Saturday, December 31, 2011

On the fourth day after Christmas…


We went to the TOWER OF LONDON!!!! Don, don, DOOOOONNNN!!!

OK, It’s not really scary but it was pretty cool and educational! I was disappointed with the Crown Jewels though… I mean the crowns and what not were nice and I enjoyed some the historical aspects like the coronation robe (incase I need it for Henry the V).but overall I was disappointed with the lack of volume. I guess I just expected more than just a couple of rooms, something more like a dozen rooms with more than just crowns and plates. Not that any of it wasn’t cool… I just thought there’d be more… One suggestion though, go early in the morning, like shortly after they open and head straight for the Jewels! We didn’t wait at all to get in but an hour later there was a line 200 people long, at least…

Now, the Beef Eaters are pretty cool! And pretty funny as well, so if you’re ever at the Tower, I strongly suggest you take a tour with them… They are a wealth of information! So just do it…
After the Tower of London, we hoped on over to Westminster Abbey. It was also pretty neat, and I could care less about the whole William and Kate wedding, I just liked the memorials and tombs. Interesting history that place is… Of course, next time I go through (and there will be a next time), I think I get one of the personal tour guide listening devices so I can learn a little more rather than just looking at stuff. And yes, Poets Corner was up there with my favorite parts, so many names of people I’ve read and performed.

Then we went to TKTS to look at shows with half price tickets available. I ended up going to see “The Lion in Winter.” It was kind of cool to see a play about English monarchs played by British folks… Of course, I the guy playing King Philip of France should have had some sort of French accent…

No comments:

Post a Comment