Saturday, December 31, 2011

On the fifth day after Christmas…



I…. Saw… Some… Stones…

Yup, that’s right, we went to Stone Henge. I would like to go back again someday in the future though. We only had 45 minute there and that just wasn’t enough time for proper picture taking in my opinion… Although, it was raining which made for a little challenge trying to keep my camera lens dry. And just so you know… The Druids had nothing to do with the building of Stone Henge. That’s a bunch of hogs wallop promulgated by some dude long ago who made a guess that they built it, but he was wrong…

We then got back on the bus and headed over to Bath. The rain made our time in there a little on less fun side. Most of the Roman bath build/museum was indoors so that was good. It is interesting how, after they were discovered, they just took the old Roman ruins and foundations and just built right on top of it to create a new version while preserving as much of the original as they could.

After that we split up into smaller groups and had some free time to explore whatever we wanted. I went to the Fashion Museum… Well, it was a great source for period clothes. I didn’t have much time so I mainly just took a lot of pictures of the clothing and the descriptions so I can go back later and actually read about it. But, this is a must stop for all my costuming friends out there in theatre land. Not that you should fly over here just to see it (because it’s not overly large and they rotate the displays), but if your over here sometime, I think it would be worthwhile.

It was raining pretty steadily after that so I we tried to stay indoors a little more than I would have liked. Plus, I didn’t get to take as many pictures of the various architecture styles as I would have liked to… It was mostly Georgian/English Baroque but I know I’ll wish later that I could have taken more shots…

No comments:

Post a Comment