Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas lights...

My Christmas Tree
One of my favorite parts of the Holiday season is the lights! I really like Christmas lights... But, I am a bit of a light snob, that is to say, I like a clean classic look. My personal preference is to use white lights. My Christmas tree has only what lights on it with simple, yet classic, ornamentation.

I prefer white lights for my out door decorations as well... Colored lights can work well outside, if used wisely, but I still prefer simple white lights. Although, I don't have any outdoor decorations... I haven't had a need or been able to use outdoor Christmas lights for years because of some of the place I have lived relegated me to not being able to have them anyway. So, I don't own any...

The front of my apartment
This year, I could have purchased some and decorate the outside of my new apartment but my upstairs neighbor already decorated the front porch... Much to my pleasure, she used all white lights! That made me happy! Although, I need to figure out how to turn them off late at night because they shine in my bedroom window... But that's a different problem...

Court house in the town square

I took some pictures of lights of some of the lights around town on my walk back and forth to school.  Some I like some I'm not a big fan of... especially hooky things...

Very simple and clean... I like!

Colleagues house... I really like!

Color lights are okay, but a little to much overall stuff...


I like the colored lights. Even the candy canes walkway and snowman are okay...
But the plane...

Yeah... the whole inflatable Santa, spinning propeller, and all that... not my thing....

So, that's my little Christmas light deal...

No comments:

Post a Comment