Friday, June 4, 2010

Day Five...Walking and walking and walking....

The designers didn’t have class this morning so we decided to do a little sightseeing.  We left shortly after 9am and walked to closest metro station.  We hoped on the loop down to the closest station to the park.  Then we spent the rest of the morning walking around the park and taking lots of pictures.  All-in-all, I took close to 200 photographs today…and some of them are actually look pretty awesome.

I’ll go to some things from the morning later but I thought I’d talk briefly about today’s class.  We had our first History of Chekhovian Costumes class today.  We have three total classes so our design project is just to design a costume for one of the characters in a Chekhov play.  This was also our first lecture type class with a non-English speaking professor so it was a little strange.  I don’t think I took as thorough notes as I would have liked but it was hard to keep up.  I asked about getting a copy of the Power Point she used so I could have some of the research images (plus, I hope to be able to translate the text to English using a translator program).

Ok, back to random things from today…Gorky park was alright but one of the big things was wanted to see was gone.  They apparently had several old abandoned rides from the Stalin era but they must have taken them out since when the tour book that we are using was printed.  We think we found the spot but there was only bare concrete to greet us.   We also found a restaurant in the park that we want to go to some evening.

Well, there is plenty more that I could add and there are few photos story's I want to put up here.  However, I think I’m getting low on my internet megabyte usage account and my new allotment doesn’t kick in until Monday.  So, I think I’ll just wait until them…it will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment