Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 12...seeing is believing...

This has been another long day, and I’m really tired so I’ll give you the brief version and post of photos for today.

We went to the New Tretyakov Museum of Art this morning.  It is where the 20th Century Russian art is displayed.  There was definitely some cool stuff there…I gotta start taking my cell phone with me to ‘sneak’ some photos of stuff I like.

Then we had our Chekhovian Costuming class at the “Yellow House” were they make and house all the costumes for the MXAT.  Today we focused on men’s clothing of the period and it was rather educational.  We also got to see and touch actual articles of clothing from over a hundred years ago, including an actually military artillery jacket that was used in numerous productions in the early years of the MXAT.  Really cool stuff.

We then had a couple of hours before our show for the night so I took a nap in the green room of the America Studio and then tried dinner at MacDonald’s here in Russia.  I think I had their version of the Big ‘n’ Tasty…it was really big (the burger itself was about 4” in diameter) and it had bacon, which was good, but also had an interesting sauce on it instead of ketchup and mayo like it is in the States.  I might go back to try a Russian Big Mac but that will probably be the extent of my Moscow Mickey D’s experiences.

For our show tonight, we got to see the final performance for the graduating students from the Moscow Art Theatre School.  They’ve been performing (and refining) this show for the past two years.  It’s kind of a vaudeville/variety kind of show comprised of numerous smaller pieces to highlight their abilities.  The first half focused mostly on movement based thing like dance and choreography while the second half focused on acting.  Personally, I loved the first half…they did some pretty amazing things, some poetic and beautiful while others were comedic. There was some really good stuff from the second half but it’s a little hard to fully enjoy when you don’t know exactly what they are saying.

Well, that was little more than I anticipated so I hope you enjoyed…

No comments:

Post a Comment